MY TOP 5 RIMMEL LIPSTICKS


When it comes to buying drugstore lipsticks, I've always had a firm favourite. Rimmel do such a great range of lip products which all have a reliable long-lasting and pigmented formula. This is a range I always go back to when I enter Boots or Superdrug looking for a new lipstick - and this is definitely made evident by my ever growing stash of them in my makeup drawer. For this post I've picked my top five favourites from across their different collections - you can guarantee that at least one of these (if not all...) will be in my handbag at all times!






Left - Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss 107, Right - Lasting Finish by Kate Moss 30
Left - Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss 111, Right - Lasting Finish Nude Collection by Kate Moss 48
Lasting Finish 128
Lasting Finish 128 'Starry Eyed' - A deep plum shade with purple undertones. I love how buildable this lipstick is, you can build it up to a really deep vampy shade, or you can dab the lipstick on for a more subtle day time look. Whilst I usually prefer darker shades to come in a matte formula, the creamy texture of this lipstick is comfortable to wear and gives more of a subtle sheen instead of a shine, making it much more wearable both day and night. Its lasting power is great but it's creamy formula means it can transfer to glasses etc. so perhaps not a great one to choose if you're going out to eat! Otherwise this is one of my favourite vampy winter shades which I've been wearing constantly this autumn/winter.

Lasting Finish Nude Collection by Kate Moss 48 - A recent purchase for me, I'd been looking for a warm lipstick with brown undertones for a while and this one seemed a great fit! Like the other Rimmel lipsticks, this has a rich and pigmented formula which glides easily on your lips and lasts a really long time. This shade is especially great for those of you with darker hair/skin tones.

Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss 107 - Probably my most used lipstick of all time. I have about 5 of these and there will always be one of these stashed in my handbag or coat pocket! It's velvety matte formula is extremely long-lasting making it such great value for money. This is the perfect lipstick if you're looking for an autumnal berry shade with blue undertones which doesn't need constant reapplication. Whilst it's matte formula glides easily on the lips, if your lips tend to be on the dryer side, you'll find this looks better post lip scrub/balm!

Lasting Finish by Kate Moss 30 - Another recent purchase for me. Whilst I usually go for a deep cool toned berry shade, I loved this as an alternative. Not being much of a pink lipstick person, this offers something I'd imagine to be inbetween a red and a pink - a berry shade with a fuchsia undertone.

Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss 111 - A vibrant true red shade with a velvety matte finish. Kiss of Life is a beautiful bold but wearable red which will look great both day and night, especially as a spring/summer red! Again, this is long-lasting and being matte, it doesn't transfer easily and so reapplication will be infrequent! 



I also can't wait to try Rimmel's new collection 'The Only 1'- have any of you tried these yet? Let me know what you think down below and what your favourite Rimmel lipsticks are!


June Girl x 



No comments

Back to Top