EVENING BEAUTY ESSENTIALS


I have to admit that whilst at heart I am very much a Netflix/cosy duvet kind of person, I do get excited for the odd cocktail date with my friends every now and then. On the occasion that I do decide to swap my bed socks for my heels, there are certain beauty products which I always trust and reach for when I'm getting ready to go out. These products are trusted simply because they all have great lasting power - which is exactly what you need when you're out on the town! Here are some of my favourite evening beauty products and clutch bag essentials.





Revlon Whipped Creme Makeup & Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights:
When I'm going out at night and the odd selfie/flash photography is inevitable, I always choose my base products carefully for longevity and glow! One of my favourite combination of evening base products to use is the Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator mixed in with the Revlon Whipped Creme foundation. The foundation is my favourite for a night out because it's got a really high coverage and gives you a great matte/airbrushed finish, without being drying on the skin. It easily lasts all night and the absence of SPF means it looks great in photographs - especially when mixed in with the glowy PhotoReady Skinlights Illuminator which holds photochromatic pigments.

Lancome Blush Subtil Palette and theBalm Mary Lou Manizer Luminizer: 
I love the Lancome Subtil Palette, the contour is cool-toned and so doesn't look orange and unnatural in photographs. The Skinlights Illuminator also makes a great highlight on top of your foundation, but my all-time favourite one to use is the Mary Lou Manizer Luminizer. Honestly if you haven't tried this yet - you absolutely have to give it a go. It's the most gorgeous pigmented highlighter I have ever used, and you need hardly any on your brush meaning you get lots of product for your money - which is an added bonus! It really is an investment piece in your base collection. A sweep of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light on top makes the perfect finish to set everything in place whilst radiating a subtle, healthy glow.


Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
This classic matte palette is my favourite for when I want the star of the show to be my eyelashes/liquid eyeliner. It holds all of the shades you could possibly need to create a base, crease, definition and highlight and so this palette gets a great deal of use! Being smaller in size than the full Naked Palettes, it's much more handbag friendly too - (although not that you would need to carry it around with you on a night out as the eyeshadows will last you all evening!)

Sephora Cream Lip Stain (01 Always Red)
Possibly the best lip cream formula I've ever used. The cool-toned red colour payoff will last you all night (even through eating and drinking!) and whilst it appears matte, it's velvety texture makes it easy to apply and so comfortable to wear. I wish i'd bought more of these when I was in NYC! 

Toni and Guy Sea Salt Spray
Salt Sprays are a must for my evening hair routine to boost volume and texture. The Toni and Guy sea salt spray is one of my all time favourites - it's one of the very few (if applied in small quantities) which can add long lasting grip, volume and texture without being sticky. It's also easy to brush out which is an added bonus at the end of the night! I have the full sized but I love to refill the smaller, handbag friendly version. I think it's clear also that a product is much loved and used when you can't find the lid...

Clutch Bag
The bag is Marella (I bought mine from House of Fraser) and is one of my evening staples. The nude colour matches great with most outfits and I find the subtle snakeskin texture and gold detailing really adds to the piece without making it too over-the-top.  You can fit all of your evening essentials in easily as well, with it's two compartments, and the option it gives you of wearing it on your shoulder or tucking the chain into the pocket makes it a perfect afternoon shoulder bag to an evening clutch transition piece.




I'd love to read some comments about your evening essentials. 


June Girl x

No comments

Back to Top