MY TOP FIVE MASCARAS


If there's one beauty product besides foundation which I like to invest in, it's mascara. A product which I use everyday and one which completes my look - whether it's a no makeup makeup look, or a dramatic smoky evening eye.  I love to try out new mascaras, and over the years I've tried a lot of them. There's so many available in the beauty market to try out that it's not often I find a mascara which I'm likely to repurchase. There are a handful, however, which I absolutely love and have always trusted to go back to when I need a new one. In consideration of my favourites, I've narrowed this down to five which I have always repurchased as staples in my day time and evening makeup looks.







1. Too Faced Better Than Sex - If I were to only ever have one mascara, this one would definitely be a contender. With it's big thick bristely wand, it really is one of the most voluminous and thickening mascara I have ever used. It darkens, separates and adds so much length and thickness you wouldn't ever need false lashes! It lasts all day on your eyes without flaking or smudging and is my go-to mascara, especially for a night out.

2. Benefit Roller Lash - One of my all time favourites also - this mascara adds so much thickness, darkness and the most beautiful curl to your lashes. Unlike so many other curling mascaras I've used before, the curl this mascara gives firmly holds its position all day and night! Its formula, like Too Faced Better Than Sex, is extremely long lasting and doesn't ever flake off. Looking at the curved, spiky thin wand you wouldn't think this mascara adds as much thickness as it does, but the results speak for themselves - I've already repurchased this three times!

3. Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes - With a similar wand to the Better Than Sex mascara, this beauty does a brilliant job at lengthening, darkening and thickening your lashes to add dramatic definition. Whilst perhaps not as long lasting as Benefit and Too Faced, its ability to build volume and length without clumping or looking spidery, whilst leaving your lashes feathery and feeling ultra soft makes it one of my all time favourite mascaras. One of the best things about it is that it doesn't feel at all heavy on your lashes and so is really comfortable to wear.

4. Urban Decay Perversion - Perversion is one of my favourite day time mascaras. It isn't as buildable in thickness as Better than Sex and Roller Lash but it does add a lot of darkness to your lashes as well as a great amount of length without ever clumping. Its overall effect is less dramatic than the other mascaras in this post, but this makes it a great day time mascara. Similar to Full Fat Lashes, this also has a feather like effect on lashes, leaving a soft and comfortable finish. Even better, I was able to try this for free when I signed up for a subscription to Elle!

5. Maybelline Lash Sensational - One of my favourite drugstore and day time mascaras. It's curved, thin, densely packed rubber spiky wand is similar to that of Benefit's Rollerlash, and the amount of thickness, darkness and long lasting length you get is great considering the price! If i'm ever needing a new mascara but don't feel like spending over £10, this is the mascara I usually grab in Boots. Its formula is non-flaking and non-clumping also, which is often so difficult to find in a lower priced mascara! This one is great value for money.

I'd love to hear what your all time favourite mascaras are and whether you've tried any of these!

June Girl x

No comments

Back to Top